
I need all the help I can get in my prayer life. Oftentimes, it is extremely difficult to focus on prayer without my mind wandering. That is why I picked up a copy of Fire of God's Love: 120 Reflections on the Eucharist. This compilation by Mike Aquilina did the trick. In this book are wonderful reflections on the Eucharist. I take it with me to prayer every day. Some days I read just one reflection and then just meditate on it. Other days, I read several reflections. I am truly amazed by the love for the Eucharist that all those represented in this book had. The authors, saints, and ordinary people that Aquilina include in this book truly had a zeal for the Eucharist.
What I am most impressed by is the Early Christians. They were willing to sacrifice everything just to celebrate the Eucharist. These days, particularly in America, we take the Eucharist for granted. It is there every day if we choose to receive it. I think that we have lost our zeal for the Eucharist. We have lost our passion for our faith.
This is a book that I recommend everyone to read over and over again. It will truly help us to gain a better understanding of the Eucharist. It will also help us to deepen our faith and our prayer life. It will bring back the zeal for our Church and the Eucharist.
You can purchase this book, and others, from The Catholic Company.
No comments:
Post a Comment