I read this yesterday and wanted to share it. I thought it was really good....
When my oldest son was only about 11 months old he and I were invited to a play date at the house of a friend of mine who had a son of her own, just a few weeks younger than mine. When we arrived there were three or four other moms there also, each with a child around the same age. I remember clearly, watching all the other little ones sitting on the floor playing nicely while my son toddled in circles around them all. One of the babies started to clap his hands and the others all joined in, all except my son who was too busy walking around the room to even notice. I went home from that play date so worried. My son had never clapped, he didn’t know how yet. I didn’t think much about the fact that none of the other babies was walking yet but I agonized over my own son’s lack of clapping ability. Now, all these years later it seems so silly, obviously my son was more focused on his gross motor skills to be bothered with something as trivial as clapping but at the time I really did worry. Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment